Skip to main content

My Kpop History - Why I Love Bigbang & Running Man

Who doesn't know Kpop ? 
Maybe someone never heard about it, but I think many people know, even though not that much. Kpop stands for Korean Pop, we can call music which born from South Korea. Kpop become big now days. So am I a Kpop-ers ? I am not sure. I am not follow everything in Kpop, I just now some boyband/girlband, and not follow them frequently. But I love Bigbang, my one and only❤  So this post is dedicated to my love for K-wave. 
source : http://goodmomusic.net/
The very first time I know Korean things is because my floor-mate in my boarding house in Bandung named Ajeng. She already know and became a fan-girl when she was in Senior High School. Running Man is the one which she introduced to me. It's like a game variety show full comedy and start at year 2010. I only knew Running Man in 2011, and the first episode I watched is SNSD episode 63 - 64. Why SNSD ? because I have heard about them, such a full beautiful woman in a group. When I first saw SNSD, I though why they face is look a like, I couldn't distinguish them one by one. Yuri same with Yoona, Taeyon same with Seohyun and etc. Am I not alone ? 

The episode was really hilarious, I laugh every minutes, I love the comedy, I love the cast and I love Running Man & guest star SNSD.  After the 2 episode and re-watched it for 3 times (I think), I began to ask for more episodes from Ajeng, and the end I gave my hard disk to her to filled it with all Running Man stuffs. 
source : http://officiallykmusic.com/
As picture above, Running man have 7 members, Yoo Jae Suk (Main MC & Comedian), Ji Suk Jin (MC & Comedian), Kim Jong Kook (Singer), Kang Gary (Rapper), Haha (Singer & Comedian), Song Ji Hyo (Actress) & Lee Kwang Soo (Model & Actor). But if you are Running Man veteran, you should now before this line-up, Running Man also has Song Jong Ki (Actor) & Lizzy (Singer) but both of them leave Running Man. Unfortunately, right now Kang Gary also leave, but the PD choose to add 2 new member Yang Sechan (Comedian) & Jeon So Min (Actress). So currently Running Man has 8 member 💋💋💋 I love all the member, but if I need to choose who I love the most, they are Yoo Jae Suk and Kang Gary. 


Yoo Jae Suk (with glasses) & Gary (with hat)
source : http://inisajamostory.blogspot.com/
Kang Gary is one celebrity that I know for sure not like typical Korean celebrity, he is more like normal netizen which we can find in country side. But why I like Kang Gary ? Because he is funny, innocent,  good rapper and very romantic person. He has love line in Running Man with Song Ji Hyo Called Monday Couple. Even though I know it only for broadcast or business,   but in each episode Kang Gary always treat song ji Hyo like real boyfriend. Before Running Man, Kang Gary not that famous, maybe only hip hop fans know him. But after Running Man, many people love this guys, specially for woman. And he is very good to write lyric in his song ❤ You can check his song in youtube under name Kang Gary or Leessang (duo with Gil) 


The Woman Who Can't Break Up The Man Who Can't Leave
Favourite line in song : 
The sun is hot
But your heart is frozen
Whose fault is this?
But I love you baby
Everything else is the same
But we changed
Whose fault is this?
I still love you baby




Your Scent 
Favourite line in song : 
After my hard days, after I got to know you
Everything is going back to its place
After my hard days, after I got to know you
Everything is breathing again



As long as I know about Korean-wave, I think celebrity who doesn't have or maybe less enemies/anti-fans is only Yoo Jae Suk. He is really good for being MC, even Korean people called him as Nation MC. He is kind, funny, his jokes never failed to me, polite, respect to other persons, never show his goodness in public, love his family and so many good things I can't explain. Even I never know Yoo Jae Suk in real life, but I can see it in all show that he lead and so many celebrity mention his kindness.  Due to my love for Yoo Jae Suk, I started to follow and watched all his variety show, and I found Family Outing released from 2008 - 2010. 

If I can compare, Running Man is funny, but Family Outing is funnier. Family Outing is variety show which cast travel to different area in South Korea, stay in resident house in there (usually elderly family) and take care the house and completed different task in each episodes. The cast are Yoo Jae Suk, Lee Hyo Ri, Kim Su Ro, Yoon Jong Shin, Kim Jong Kook, Kang Daesung, Lee Chun Hee & Park Ye Jin (2008-2009), Park Si Yeon (2009), Park Hae Jin (2009-2010). I like the theme for this show, Family. The games is really simple like run relay, sing and dance etc, buts still hilarious. From Family Outing, I found another person that I like. He is Kang Daesung ❤ he is the youngest in family, part of Dumb & Dumber with Yoo Jae Suk. He is funny, innocent & have a good voice. After some episodes in Family Outing, I just realize Daesung is member of boygroup from South Korea called Bigbang, I am shock because he is far from boygroup/girlgroup image that I know. Usually boygroup full of flower boy, handsome and beautiful, but it's not daesung. Daesung is like kang gary, his face like normal netizen in countryside. Even I re-watched 85 episodes of Family Outing, only to see and listen each jokes that Daesung said. 

Because of my curiosity, I looked out for Bigbang in internet, and I shocked again because Bigbang had guest in Running Man as full team in 2012. When I watched that episode, I talked to Ajeng "who is Bigbang jeng ? why the opening is so luxurious use two helicopter? are they special? why Running Man cast really surprised with Bigbang come as a guest star?". And Ajeng said "Bigbang is really big in Korea, every Korea people love Bigbang, even artist want to meet Bigbang. They are rarely to come to variety show, that's why Running Man member shock and happy to see them" 

I also asked "are they really good, but they look like -alay- jeng ? the tall guy have green turqoish hair and another guy have long hair but only half". And Ajeng said "Because they are unique, you should hear their song". Ok and I started to listen and watch Bigbang songs in youtube and I agree that they are unique boygroup, really different with other boygroup that I know which full of handsome boys who can sing and dance. Their songs is really good and have different vibe every songs.

I will share the first 3 songs when I first looked out of Bigbang. All the songs from their 5th EP album called "ALIVE". If you want to hear song with feeling of  sadness, but not depressing, you should listen to Blue
Blue 
Favourite line in song : 
The winter had passed and the spring has come
We have withered and our hearts are bruised from longing

If you want to hear more R&B and hip hop songs, you can hear Bad Boy. 
Bad Boy
Favourite line in song : 
I was too harsh that night
I didn’t know you would really leave
The words, “I’m sorry”,
is too difficult for us that we take it to the end
Because I’m ill-tempered
We fight over stupid things
numerous times a day
You take off crying,
I look around and think,
‘She’ll come back tomorrow.
She’ll def call me first in the morning’

And the last one, you should listen to Fantastic Baby, because why not ? Even they play this song in Pitch Perfect 2 trailer, and Glee cast also dance to this song. 

Fantastic Baby
Favourite line in song : 
From one to ten, everything is one level above
Even if we crazily run on sand,
we’re still so agile
Because the sky is blue enough,
Don’t ask any questions, just feel it –
feel who I am


So, that's it! My Kpop History until I introduced to Bigbang, my favourite Boy Group all the time, maybe I will write special for Bigbang in my next post. I will give my favourite live performance Bigbang, and see you!


Xo, 
Riana 💋

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hidden Gems : Produce 101 Season 2 & Nuest part 1

As I write in  here , I love Bigbang so much, even though currently they are not active, sometimes I still continue searched their names in twitter or google. Right now, I will tell story about another group that I like named is Nuest. Sounds familiar but never heard their song? yes, that's also me. Before I watched Produce 101 season 2, I ever heard about their name, but neither songs and members. I will write from the beginning how I got to know them.  source : https://www.soompi.com/ Produce 101 is a sensational program in Korea, it create a variety show with 101 trainees  from many agencies joined and competed each other. I knew this program from Saniy and Ajeng, they told me this show was interesting and must be watched. I watched the entire episodes of season 1 until we got IOI. So, every episodes, the trainees will have mission. First, it will show each agency performance and the teacher (which is also celebrity) will judge them to each classes that fit their capabili

K-drama Review : The Beauty Inside

Hello, everyone. I am bored to write about my travel activity in this blog, so I decide to put another themes my personal review about anything. As fans of Korean Drama, I want to write my review about a drama which already finished on air. And here I go, the drama that I choose is The Beauty Inside. source : https://inikpop.com/ The Beauty Inside is drama adaptation from a movie with same title, as I know Han Hyo Joo is the main lead. The Beauty Inside drama version has Seo Hyun Jin as Han Se Kye (HSK) and Lee Min Ki as Seo Do Jae (SDJ) as lead actor. This drama tell story about an actress named HSK who super famous in South Korea, but this woman have problem keep running away like in shoot drama, award show, interview etc. The beginning of drama, we introduced to her went to award ceremony with beautiful dress, when her name called as the winner in one nomination, she went to the stage but something weird happen to her, her eyes was shaking and felt strange, and he left the st

Rekomendasi Makanan di KLIA - Bandara Malaysia (4Fingers, Nooodles, Sushi King & ILoveYoo)

Bandara selalu jadi tempat favorit aku, karena biasanya kalau ke bandara artinya mau liburan kan ya? hehe. Kalau lagi tidak ada kegiatan atau bingung mau kemana lagi di hari kepulangan ke Jakarta, biasanya aku akan pergi ke bandara lebih cepat dari seharusnya. Setelah beres check in dan taruh bagasi, aku sering keliling bandara, untuk mencoba makanannya atau sekedar membeli oleh-oleh yang ada disana. Banyak banget yang bisa dibeli bandara, makanya aku selalu menyisakan uang cash di setiap liburan, karena sisanya mau dihabiskan di bandara saja. Kalau aku biasanya beli oleh-oleh khas Negara/Kota yang aku kunjungi, cokelat, souvernir ataupun makanan, tumbler Starbuck dan lain-lain. Walaupun harganya biasanya sedikit lebih mahal dibanding diluar, tapi ya gapapa buat sekalian habisin uang recehan (karena biasanya uang sisa itu uang receh✌). Kalau kalian juga sering seperti aku, nah aku mau share makanan apa aja yang enak dan worth it untuk dicoba di Bandara KLIA 2 - Malaysia. Cobain yaa.  1