Skip to main content

2018 Korean Drama Review : Radio Romance, Hwayugi, Lawless Lawyer, Welcome to Waikiki, Terius Behind Me, The Beauty Inside, Partner for Justice, Return, Voice 2 and Prison Playbook

Hello, Dear 
Back to my personal and review post in this blog. This time, as you can see in title above, I will review and give thought about Korean Drama that I finished watch in 2018. Actually I watch many Korean Drama in 2018, but some dramas too cringey that makes me want to stop watch it. It is my honest review yaa ❤

1. Radio Romance (16 episodes)
Radio Romance is starring Yoon Doo Joon (member boy group Highlight/BEAST), Kim Soo Hyun, Yoon Park and Yura. This drama tell story about radio life, a young writer in a radio want to proof her existence with help of legendary PD. Before this PD Came, the writer played by Kim Soo Hyun often treated unfairly by her sunbae, she often assigned to job that not so important like give gift to radio listener, picked up the DJ who came late, etc. This legendary PD played by Yoon Park came and asked Soo-Hyun to become his writer and make a radio show. Accidentally this PD mention this famous actor played by Yoon Doo Joon as his new DJ without approval from Yoon Doo Joon. So the first half episodes told story about "How to make Yoon Doo Joon, the arrogance actor to become radio DJ?" The Second half episodes told about heart warming stories from radio listener and how they help their issues. 

This drama belong to romantic comedy drama, I actually enjoyed this drama, but not perfect. Honestly I don't know why I finished this drama, it pretty decent and quite cheesy, maybe I finished because of Kim Soo Hyun acting which very good. She still young but she can mature role perfectly. 

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’š
source : https://www.hancinema.net/
2. Hwayugi/ A Korean Odyssey (20 episodes)
Hwayugi is fantasy drama starring Lee Seung Gi, Cha Seung Won, Oh Yeon Seo and Lee Hong Ki. You know "Kera Sakti", right? This drama tell story abour crazy monkey played by Lee Seung Gi. They also have Cha Seung Won which played character as famous CEO in infotainment, sly but funny when fight with Lee Seung Gi. They live together in Cha Seung Won house. Oh Yeon Seo played as Sam-Jang a real estate CEO who can see ghost. Many ghosts/evils want to eat Samjang blood because it can make you immortal. So Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won will help to protect samjang, but they also have secret goal for themselves. 

I watched this drama because of Lee Seung Gi and Cha Seung Won. It's too fantasy,  I know it will not happen in real life so I am not give all my heart to this drama. My final review, not that good as my expectation, unfortunately because they have big name to this drama. But I am not regret to watched this drama until finished✌ 

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’š
source : http://www.sandmade.eu/
3. Lawless Lawyer (16 episodes)
It's kind of legal thriller drama staring Lee Joon Gi, Seo Ye Ji and Choi Min Soo. The story about a lawyer and also gangster who try to avenge his mother played by Lee Joon Gi. He met Seo Ye Ji who happened daughter from a woman which also victim from some peoples who have power and crime. Cho Min Soo play as CEO of large corporation who manipulative, gangster and cause misery of Lee Joon Gi and Seo Ye Ji family. 

Its's Lee Joon Gi, guys! of course I need to watch it. First time I like him when he played a role in criminal minds, it was good drama and he acted very well. Honestly I am more like his role and acting in criminal minds, maybe because the story itself better than in this drama. But overall I enjoyed this drama, thriller but not that scary, and Cho Min Soo acting is really good. Oh ya, and Seo Ye Ji really pretty and has charming voice. 

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š
source : https://kumparan.com/
4. Welcome to Waikiki (20 episodes)
Funny, absurd, odd but exciting drama, starring Kim Jung Hyun, Lee Yi Kyung and Son Seung Won. The first episode you can directly feel odd to watch this drama "What is it? So absurd" but you will continue and every week you will wait this drama on air. Told story about 3 man who own a guest house and their struggle to make a living. One day, they found a baby girl in their house, what will happen to them ?

I will definitely recommend this drama, it was funny, even sometimes the jokes was so lame, but still OK. it's very light, if you don't know what to do in your day? probably you can try this drama. My favourite actor is Lee Yi Kyung, of course. 

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š
source : https://www.kincir.com/
5. Terius Behind Me (32 episodes/ 2 episodes per day)
This mystery and romantic comedy drama stole my heart because .. yes .. that's right So Ji Sub šŸ‘€, with female lead Jung In Sun. She is a single mother who have twin kids struggle to found a job with zero experience. So Ji Sub played as her neighbour who volunteer to become her baby sitter. He is a legendary NIS Agent who run away because one failed mission and make his former boss chased him. 

I like this drama, beside because they have So Ji Sub as main lead, this drama also interesting and funny. When again we can see So Ji Sub play with kids and still look cool? I also love their neighbour a.k.a KIS who love and protect every King Castle resident, specially the chief, her investigate skill is the top! I will recommend this drama to you all, don't get wrong idea, it's not all about mystery but also comedy. 

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š, can I add love to my So Ji Sub? and it becomes šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š ✌
source : https://www.pinterest.com/soompi/
6. The Beauty Inside (16 episodes)
I write this drama story in one blog post, you can found how much I love this drama in here

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š
source : https://www.idntimes.com/
7. Partner for Justice (32 episodes/ 2 episodes per day)
Crime and mystery drama is my favourite genre all the time, like Partner for Justice. Actually I watched this drama in early January, because I have so many times and want to watch another drama. I looked at VIU and found this drama. Told story about a forensic doctor played by Jung Jae Young who famous for his precision, experience but picky personality. One day, he met a new prosecutor  played by Jeong Yu Mi, bright and wealthy, together they solve cases per cases with amazing story. 

I recommend this drama if you like medical and crime drama, just amazing to see how a corpse can give a story and told us how they died. Unfortunately, I didn't like Jeong Yu Mi character, she too annoying and noisy (my opinion). But overall, I love this drama and see you in Partner for Justice season 2.

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š
source : https://www.themoviedb.org/
8. Return (34 episodes/ 2 episodes per day)
Again about crime, mystery, thriller and legal drama that make me want to kick the criminal in here. This drama told story about 4 men who become best friend since their kids, all of situation happened because of their criminality and they always success to avoid the punishment with another illegal act such as kill peoples, drugs, corruption etc played by Shin Sung Rok, Bong Tae Gyu, Park Ki Wong and Yoon Jong Hoon. Go Hyun Jung played as a famous lawyer who help to solve the cases that connected them, with the help of detective who has good analytical played by Lee Jin Wook. 

This is the first time I really upset to see actors in this drama, it means they really do their job well, especially Shin Sung Rok and Bong Tae Gyu, they were the real evil! We already know who is the criminal from the start, but we still don't know when why how this serial murder happened. In the middle of this drama on air, Go Hyun Jung will replaced to Park Jin Hee, due to controversial issue of her and the PD, but it didn't interfere the drama overall.

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š
source : http://reviewdramaasia.com/
9. Voice 2
This drama is a sequel from Voice which aired in 2017. The story line still same with the previous one, continue story about Golden Team a.k.a emergency call centre with team leader played by Lee Ha Na with new leader of dispatch team Lee Jin Wook. It was still about a psychopath who become serial murder with collecting body part of each human that he killed. 

I love Voice season 1, and also this season 2. I always wait every week until final episode air. This drama really brutal and very tense. In Return, we can see Lee Jin Wook with same job as detective who good at analysis case, but in here he had many fighting scene, and it make him hotter. Lee Jin Wook with all black outfits is the best. 

Score : šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š , + šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š for Lee Jin Wook in black
source : http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/
10. Prison Playbook (16 episodes)
A drama which aired in Netflix and Tvn with black comedy genre starring Park Hae Soo and Jung Kyung Ho is my best drama in 2018. Told story about living in prison and the reason why they ended up in behind the bars. Park Hae Soo played as a baseball famous player which accidentally killed a man who tried to sexual assualt his sister. He met his best friend played by Jung Kyung Ho who work as elite prison guard. 

BEST DRAMA 2018 in my opinion, I will always try to persuade my friends to watch this drama because it was that good and my favourite and my everything. It was sad, tense and funny. I love every character in this drama. I was cry watch this drama and 10 minutes later I laughed so much. Park Hae Soo character was my favourite, he was little clumsy but sometimes he acted unexpectedly. I also love Park Hae Soo cell-mate, it have a murdered, a swindler, a thief, a drug user and many more. Please watch this drama!! Even though the first episode not that impress, but please continue until the end especially after Park Hae Soo came into real prison, that was the amazing part of this drama, I really love their friendship. you can read synopsis in here . My favourite scene, check below video!


Score : šŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’ššŸ’š
source : https://www.soompi.com/
source : https://www.hellokpop.com/
source : https://www.pinterest.com/
source : https://www.idntimes.com/
Xo, 
Riana šŸ’‹

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hidden Gems : Produce 101 Season 2 & Nuest part 1

As I write in  here , I love Bigbang so much, even though currently they are not active, sometimes I still continue searched their names in twitter or google. Right now, I will tell story about another group that I like named is Nuest. Sounds familiar but never heard their song? yes, that's also me. Before I watched Produce 101 season 2, I ever heard about their name, but neither songs and members. I will write from the beginning how I got to know them.  source : https://www.soompi.com/ Produce 101 is a sensational program in Korea, it create a variety show with 101 trainees  from many agencies joined and competed each other. I knew this program from Saniy and Ajeng, they told me this show was interesting and must be watched. I watched the entire episodes of season 1 until we got IOI. So, every episodes, the trainees will have mission. First, it will show each agency performance and the teacher (which is also celebrity) will judge them to each classes that fit their capabili

K-drama Review : The Beauty Inside

Hello, everyone. I am bored to write about my travel activity in this blog, so I decide to put another themes my personal review about anything. As fans of Korean Drama, I want to write my review about a drama which already finished on air. And here I go, the drama that I choose is The Beauty Inside. source : https://inikpop.com/ The Beauty Inside is drama adaptation from a movie with same title, as I know Han Hyo Joo is the main lead. The Beauty Inside drama version has Seo Hyun Jin as Han Se Kye (HSK) and Lee Min Ki as Seo Do Jae (SDJ) as lead actor. This drama tell story about an actress named HSK who super famous in South Korea, but this woman have problem keep running away like in shoot drama, award show, interview etc. The beginning of drama, we introduced to her went to award ceremony with beautiful dress, when her name called as the winner in one nomination, she went to the stage but something weird happen to her, her eyes was shaking and felt strange, and he left the st

Rekomendasi Makanan di KLIA - Bandara Malaysia (4Fingers, Nooodles, Sushi King & ILoveYoo)

Bandara selalu jadi tempat favorit aku, karena biasanya kalau ke bandara artinya mau liburan kan ya? hehe. Kalau lagi tidak ada kegiatan atau bingung mau kemana lagi di hari kepulangan ke Jakarta, biasanya aku akan pergi ke bandara lebih cepat dari seharusnya. Setelah beres check in dan taruh bagasi, aku sering keliling bandara, untuk mencoba makanannya atau sekedar membeli oleh-oleh yang ada disana. Banyak banget yang bisa dibeli bandara, makanya aku selalu menyisakan uang cash di setiap liburan, karena sisanya mau dihabiskan di bandara saja. Kalau aku biasanya beli oleh-oleh khas Negara/Kota yang aku kunjungi, cokelat, souvernir ataupun makanan, tumbler Starbuck dan lain-lain. Walaupun harganya biasanya sedikit lebih mahal dibanding diluar, tapi ya gapapa buat sekalian habisin uang recehan (karena biasanya uang sisa itu uang receh✌). Kalau kalian juga sering seperti aku, nah aku mau share makanan apa aja yang enak dan worth it untuk dicoba di Bandara KLIA 2 - Malaysia. Cobain yaa.  1