Skip to main content

Pahawang Island Beyond Imagination

Why I love travelling ? Not only me, but all of you sure love travelling. For me, travelling like a healing for myself, after so many daily activity over and over again (wake up, take a bath, go to office, breakfast, working, lunch, go back home, take a bath, dinner, watch anything I want to play and sleep), we sure need to rest and stop all that boring activity, right? Travelling is also one way to reward myself, I achieved something I need a prize and that's travelling to me, it's like to myself, from myself and by myself. 

As I told before, I am not really into outdoor activity, so better I hang out from one cafe to another cafe. But I think, I changed, outdoor activity can be fun, if we know how and with who to spend our time. In this post, I wills share about my outdoor travelling in Pahawang, of course Pahawang categorised as outdoor, wkwkkw. Pahawang is an island in Lampung province, in Sumatra Indonesia, many travel agents offer trip package or open trip or sharing cost to go to Pahawang. I went to Pahawang around May 2015 with my college friends. We brought 16 peoples include me and owner travel agent. We knew him because he worked in same company with Karina. Our group consist of my girl friends (same with Bali trip), class mate in college and Karina friends from her work. Our trip is sharing cost, our team leader a.k.a Karina's friend who have this travel agent often come and go to Pahawang, so he already knew all of peoples who provide our accommodation in there, we only need to paid IDR 300.000++ per person. This price already include transportation (ferry, car rent from Bakauheni to Ketapang dock, and ship for hoping island), food and rent snorkelling equipment.   
source : http://getholidaytogo.blogspot.com/
We departed at Friday night after work, we gathered together at Plaza Slipi Jaya used bus Arimbi. We can use bus from Kp. Rambutan bus terminal, but it far from our office, so we decided to stop the bus in Slipi, we went at 10 PM, and arrived at Merak port 2 hours later. We choose executive seat, it better cause they provided AC. It's my first time use ferry and it took 3 hours to Bakauheni port, in the trip we slept in our each chair.
We arrived at Bakauheni at dawn, go out from port area, many driver offer their car to bring us to Ketapang dock. But we already rented a car, so we just ride it and slept again wkwkw. This time our trip took more than 3 hours, the road was little bumpy, so it was uncomfortable. We arrived at Ketapang and eat breakfast first in small store in front of the dock. While we eat, our team leader searched his connection to got  boat and snorkelling equipment.



Finished breakfast, we got on board and took 2 hours to Pahawang Besar Island. Actually I forgot many things about this trip and forgot all islands that we visit, but as I remember not to many, Pahawang Besar Island, Pahawang Kecil Island and Kelagian Island. In the middle of sea, our boat stop and we told to used snorkelling equipment. Honestly it was my first time to snorkelling, I can't swim and I just recovered from my fever yesterday, but my friends gave me support and told me there's nothing to be scared, under sea is beyond imagination. So, I went under water!
It was my first time to saw under water, amazing!!! I regret why I just try snorkelling this time, you could saw fishes in there, really clean. I swam with fishes around me, beautiful. 
After finish snorkelling, we continue our trip, and stop at Pahawang Besar to go to homestay. Our homestay is really simple. Unfortunately I didn't took picture in there. It was only have 2 small bedroom, one for women and other for mens. Some of my friends slept in living room, because not enough space in bedroom. We took a bath and rest for a moments. The homestay owner also gave us lunch full of seafood and fresh vegetables, the taste was delicious. 

In the afternoon around 3 PM, we went around to saw neighbourhood. Such amazing environment, simple but look at the sea surrounding this village. After that, we boarded to the boat and went to another island, I forgot the sequence of islands that we visit. Our team leader explained, there's one island name Pahawang Kecil Island, where it have Pasir Timbul means sometimes appear a road full of sands, but this time the sand road didn't appear, and also in those island have a resort which are owned a French citizen, we couldn't go there because it's private. And we stop at an island which I forgot the name, maybe Kelagian Besar or Kelagian Kecil. We took photos and after that we swam again. 









On the way to our home stay, our boat captain forgot the way to there, so we tossed around in the middle of sea, so dizzy! Some of our group slept in the boat, include me of course. 


 We arrived at home stay in evening, and took shower immediately, FYI during our trip there's no cellular signal to mobile phone. If you are lucky, you can found signal in seashore of Pahawang Besar Island. In the night, we enjoy went around island and after that It's Barbecue time yeaaay! We also had some games while chill around. 

The next morning, we woke up and got breakfast, this time also full of seafood. Before breakfast, we searched sunrise in seashore, and enjoyed morning view in there, anyway in the seashore, it have so many small store which sell market snacks like banana fried etc. 




We prepared our bag and prepare to back home, but our leader said, we still have one island to visit, so our snorkelling clothes still be used. We went to boat and stop at this island. I don't know the name, but this island have the clearest water in the sea. This time, we didn't snorkelling, just swam and enjoyed the view. 
Use Action Camera (Not Gopro!)

Use Iphone 5s Camera


Hoping Island Finished!! It's really time to back home. We need to took shower again and changed our clothes. We changed in Ketapang dock in public bath room. 

The trip to Bakauheni port still same with bad road, but this time I didn't care because too sleepy. I though all of us also tired and slept. We use same ferry with executive class, this time we decided to looked around inside ferry. 


Okaay that's all about my Pahawang trip, tired but happy, like this title above Pahawang Island beyond imagination ✌

Xo, 
Riana 💋

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hidden Gems : Produce 101 Season 2 & Nuest part 1

As I write in  here , I love Bigbang so much, even though currently they are not active, sometimes I still continue searched their names in twitter or google. Right now, I will tell story about another group that I like named is Nuest. Sounds familiar but never heard their song? yes, that's also me. Before I watched Produce 101 season 2, I ever heard about their name, but neither songs and members. I will write from the beginning how I got to know them.  source : https://www.soompi.com/ Produce 101 is a sensational program in Korea, it create a variety show with 101 trainees  from many agencies joined and competed each other. I knew this program from Saniy and Ajeng, they told me this show was interesting and must be watched. I watched the entire episodes of season 1 until we got IOI. So, every episodes, the trainees will have mission. First, it will show each agency performance and the teacher (which is also celebrity) will judge them to each classes that fit their capabili

K-drama Review : The Beauty Inside

Hello, everyone. I am bored to write about my travel activity in this blog, so I decide to put another themes my personal review about anything. As fans of Korean Drama, I want to write my review about a drama which already finished on air. And here I go, the drama that I choose is The Beauty Inside. source : https://inikpop.com/ The Beauty Inside is drama adaptation from a movie with same title, as I know Han Hyo Joo is the main lead. The Beauty Inside drama version has Seo Hyun Jin as Han Se Kye (HSK) and Lee Min Ki as Seo Do Jae (SDJ) as lead actor. This drama tell story about an actress named HSK who super famous in South Korea, but this woman have problem keep running away like in shoot drama, award show, interview etc. The beginning of drama, we introduced to her went to award ceremony with beautiful dress, when her name called as the winner in one nomination, she went to the stage but something weird happen to her, her eyes was shaking and felt strange, and he left the st

Rekomendasi Makanan di KLIA - Bandara Malaysia (4Fingers, Nooodles, Sushi King & ILoveYoo)

Bandara selalu jadi tempat favorit aku, karena biasanya kalau ke bandara artinya mau liburan kan ya? hehe. Kalau lagi tidak ada kegiatan atau bingung mau kemana lagi di hari kepulangan ke Jakarta, biasanya aku akan pergi ke bandara lebih cepat dari seharusnya. Setelah beres check in dan taruh bagasi, aku sering keliling bandara, untuk mencoba makanannya atau sekedar membeli oleh-oleh yang ada disana. Banyak banget yang bisa dibeli bandara, makanya aku selalu menyisakan uang cash di setiap liburan, karena sisanya mau dihabiskan di bandara saja. Kalau aku biasanya beli oleh-oleh khas Negara/Kota yang aku kunjungi, cokelat, souvernir ataupun makanan, tumbler Starbuck dan lain-lain. Walaupun harganya biasanya sedikit lebih mahal dibanding diluar, tapi ya gapapa buat sekalian habisin uang recehan (karena biasanya uang sisa itu uang receh✌). Kalau kalian juga sering seperti aku, nah aku mau share makanan apa aja yang enak dan worth it untuk dicoba di Bandara KLIA 2 - Malaysia. Cobain yaa.  1