Skip to main content

Bandung Culinary with The Princess : Common Ground, Enoshima, HDL Cilaki & Kopi Progo

What I love about travelling, beside we can enjoy new situation, new view and relaxing, we also can tasting all of food around the world, right ? I love culinary even I am not someone who can eat as many as possible, but I always love to taste new food. Right now, I will share story about culinary, and the destination is Bandung, which not too far away from Jakarta.

Bandung is my second home, my college life was in there. I grew up for 4 years in Bandung, so it's familiar and memorable to me. That time, me and my girl friends (that you should probably know, because I always mentioned them in this blog) planned to go to Bandung, just for having fun. We only went there in weekend by train. A night before, me and Hani stayed in Karina's rent room in Salemba area due to our train departed in dawn.  I will skipped stories in train, because we only slept in there.

Arrived in Bandung station, Karina's brother picked us up. Our first destination was their home in Setiabudi,  because we still waited Tami, Ghina and Saniy to came. After took snack made by Karina's mother, we went to Common Ground. This place was new and famous for brunch menu that time, so we decided to went there. Anyway, this trip happened in November 2015, yaa 😁 Common Ground location is Jalan Setiabudi no. 49-51. I do some research just now, and turn out this restaurant also famous for their coffee, and this restaurant already have some branches in Indonesia. We arrived around 10 - 11 AM and already waiting list, so we wait outside the restaurant. 
source : https://www.commongrounds.co.id/
source : http://celetukkopi.blogspot.com/


source : http://celetukkopi.blogspot.com/
source : http://www.escapesweetest.com/

source : http://www.escapesweetest.com/
We got seat in centre of the restaurant, honestly it kind of narrow, maybe because it was crowded, so the waitress was busy back and forth in front of us. We heard the best menu in here was Egg Benedict, so we ordered it. 
Our Brunch 
I forgot other menus that we choose, but you can see in picture above 👌 The taste for the food is decent, not my favourite but I am happy if I can visit again. The menus is typical brunch food with egg, sandwich, beef and potato. They also sell healthy food with oat and granola. For the price was around 60 -70K something, not that expensive right ? The best part of this restaurants was design interior, like I said before the restaurant not that big, but they can make us feel cozy and also instagramable. Unfortunately parking area was small, so difficult to park our car. 


Second destination was Bandung Indah Plaza a.k.a BIP, famous shopping mall in Bandung in downtown.  BIP is one of crowded mall because visitor come from lower, middle and high class. We went to BIP to photobox and shopping. Here is the photobox result 👏



It's time for dessert. We decided to eat sweet things as desert and the choice fell to Enoshima. Enoshima located at Jl. R.E. Martadinata No.172, Merdeka, Sumur Bandung, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat 40113 (beside Hakata Ikuosha). This place has Japanese food as their speciality, but because we need dessert so we didn't try their main course. The dessert was pretty decent, still delicious and fresh but not my favourite. Interior design for this place was good, many areas that we can used to took pictures. 


And for end our culinary in Bandung, we dinner in HDL Seafood Cilaki. This famous restaurant located in Jl. Cilaki No.36, Cihapit, Bandung Wetan, Kota Bandung, Jawa Barat 40114. It have many branches in Bandung and all branches always crowded. What is the best menu in here ? ALL! All seafood is delicious and very cheap. If you want to eat in here, you can go together with your friends or family because one portion is enough for 3-4 persons.  We ordered 6 menus for 6 persons, and never regret because it worth every penny. The places is big and large, they usually crowded in lunch and dinner time, especially in Ramadhan. I think HDL is the most wanted placed to break the fasting in Bandung. 

After finish our dinner, we had promised with our classmate to get together in Kopi Progo. This cafe is one of many coffee shops in Bandung, located in Jl Progo No. 22 Bandung near Jonas Photo Bandung (anybody who live in Bandung, must know this iconic place). Kopi Progo famous for cozy place and cheap price, so many peoples come only for hang out and chilling for friends, especially for college students. The price around 15 - 50K, very cheap right ? I think I am not ordered coffee that time, so I cannot give review about their speciality. This coffee shop is large and many sit you can seat, and they have some rooms which we can use if we bring many peoples to there, like VIP Room, it have own toilet. Me and my friends used that room. 

After finished, we went back to Utami's home, we decided to slept there. FYI, her home was my dorm when I was in college, so it's kind of nostalgic to me. The next day, before we went home, we breakfast at Richeese Factory in Buah Batu, and Aghnia join us. 

And that's all our culinary trip in Bandung, when I jokes with my friends, we decided to create themes for this trip. We called it "Encess Time Travel" and "Encess Back to Bandung" to showed how we miss Bandung so much, who doesn't ? Bandung is so nostalgic.

Xo, 
Riana💋

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Hidden Gems : Produce 101 Season 2 & Nuest part 1

As I write in  here , I love Bigbang so much, even though currently they are not active, sometimes I still continue searched their names in twitter or google. Right now, I will tell story about another group that I like named is Nuest. Sounds familiar but never heard their song? yes, that's also me. Before I watched Produce 101 season 2, I ever heard about their name, but neither songs and members. I will write from the beginning how I got to know them.  source : https://www.soompi.com/ Produce 101 is a sensational program in Korea, it create a variety show with 101 trainees  from many agencies joined and competed each other. I knew this program from Saniy and Ajeng, they told me this show was interesting and must be watched. I watched the entire episodes of season 1 until we got IOI. So, every episodes, the trainees will have mission. First, it will show each agency performance and the teacher (which is also celebrity) will judge them to each classes that fit their capabili

K-drama Review : The Beauty Inside

Hello, everyone. I am bored to write about my travel activity in this blog, so I decide to put another themes my personal review about anything. As fans of Korean Drama, I want to write my review about a drama which already finished on air. And here I go, the drama that I choose is The Beauty Inside. source : https://inikpop.com/ The Beauty Inside is drama adaptation from a movie with same title, as I know Han Hyo Joo is the main lead. The Beauty Inside drama version has Seo Hyun Jin as Han Se Kye (HSK) and Lee Min Ki as Seo Do Jae (SDJ) as lead actor. This drama tell story about an actress named HSK who super famous in South Korea, but this woman have problem keep running away like in shoot drama, award show, interview etc. The beginning of drama, we introduced to her went to award ceremony with beautiful dress, when her name called as the winner in one nomination, she went to the stage but something weird happen to her, her eyes was shaking and felt strange, and he left the st

Jalan - Jalan di Malang : Museum Angkut, Coban Rais & Bakso President

Ketika saya tahu kalau saya harus survey di area East Java, hal yang paling membuat saya tertarik yaitu "Yes, gue bisa ke Malang". Melihat isi feed dan insta story teman-teman saya yang berkunjung ke Malang, saya juga kepengen untuk kesana. Mau ikut main sama binatang di Batu Secret Zoo, Jatim Park, Museum Angkut dan lain-lain. Akhirnya setelah kesempatan itu datang, Pak Alfian, Mba Yulita dan saya merencanakan untuk pergi ke Malang di saat weekend.  Kami berangkat ke Malang sekitar jam 9 pagi dari Surabaya, pakai mobil kantor. Kalau di hari normal, waktu yang dihabiskan kalau pakai mobil sekitar 2 jam-an. Tapi saat itu saya sedang tidak beruntung, sepanjang Jalan macet sekali. Akhirnya driver kami memutuskan untuk keluar tol dan lewat jalan biasa yang seperti naik turun gunung. Saya tidak tahu itu jalan apa tapi yang pasti tidak terlalu lebar tapi banyak orang yang lewat. Saya sempat mampir untuk membeli apel malang, sekalian buat isi perut yang mulai kelaperan.